Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Passing the Time

53 days people. Less than 8 weeks. We have gotten so much accomplished in the past week. Announcements are finalized, just need to be printed. Engagement pictures are FINALLY done and the disk is in the mail on the way to me right now. We are registered. Tuxedos are set up and Gray Boy is fitted. Flowers have been chosen. The cake is picked out. Addresses are collected. And my dress is being altered. Speaking of...that appointment was quite the experience as I nearly fainted in the middle of it. Literally. I blacked out and couldn't hear and nearly fell over if a chair hadn't somehow been placed under me. I have concluded that it was a combination of dehydration (I hadn't drank anything all day...not smart), being very hot in a tight dress, and standing in that hot, tight dress for an hour. Needless to say, I will be drinking plenty of water before my next fitting to ensure I am not embarrassed by passing out again.


So to pass the time until our glorious wedding day arrives, GB and I have been keeping plenty busy. He works his butt off and I work and go to school, and we are also on a total of seven intramural teams between the two of us. Ok, well he is on six and I'm on two (one we do together :]). They are a good stress reliever for him when he finally gets home from working all day, and they give me something to do while he works all day. They are more fun than I imagined they could possibly be. Here is my girl's flag football team after winning our first game. (We're still undefeated)


We also have gone to both of the BYU home games and one of our favorite weekly activities is Sunday nights with our favorite married couple Shelby and Ryan. We really love them to death and have so much fun making dinner every Sunday with them and then playing games all night. We have been seriously spoiled with chicken enchiladas, homemade macaroni, homemade pizza, and a CPK barbecue chicken/Cafe Rio mix salad. Although a salad may not sound like much, it was gourmet...compliments of my baby. I love that he loves to cook. And that he's good at it. We really need to start taking pictures of these meals, and just more pictures in general. I'll work on that.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

love the update! and i think i should get a shout out for all the help i have been with the wedding. haha totally kidding. glad you guys are taking time to have fun, wish i could be on intramural teams...i miss them! any way 35 days for me :):):):):) so excited!

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

Fun!!! Keep it up being busy and the time will surely pass by quickly! Enjoy it, and those meals sound delish! Recipes??