Thursday, October 7, 2010

That Beautiful Blue Box

Girls know the one.

I've never been fortunate enough (hint hint love) to receive any jewelry from Tiffanys.  But I did treat myself two years ago to the most beautiful pair of frames from Tiffany & Co.  Now don't freak out... but yes, I paid over $500 for them.  Everyone thought I was crazy (and maybe I was) but I was truly in love with these glasses and I knew that they would be an accessory I would wear very often.  So I bought them, my eyes turned crazy and couldn't handle contacts, so I've had to wear them nearly every single day for the past two years.  So in my mind, they had paid for themselves over and over again, as that works out to less than $1 a day.  And I loved them!  Until a few months ago, when they started looking not so nice.  This weird white coating was covering the frames, and they looked pretty hideous.  I was embarrassed to wear them in public and missed my beautiful glasses.  Here is the yucky pair, the outside used to look like the inside.  Notice the difference?
But then I brought them in to where I bought them, and without any hassle at all, was treated to a brand new pair of my choosing.  They took one glance at the pair I had been wearing for the past two years, remarked how that should never happen to a Tiffanys product.  He apologized for not having the same pair in stock anymore, led me over to the locked case of Tiffanys glasses that they did have in the store, and told me I could pick any pair I wanted.  I was so excited.  So an hour later, this is the pair I walked out of the store with.  A $615 value for free.
I am so happy with them, and with the service I got.  My purchase two years ago is definitely paying off.  I just love that beautiful blue box. :)

(And I had to post about this because it was one of the greatest moments ever, sorry if I sound materialistic)

6 comments:

Shelby said...

OMG! So cute! I remember the day you got your first pair. I was at your house and I remember your mom freaking out over the money you spent on them. It looks like they DEFINITELY paid off! I'm excited to see the new ones on you! They look amazing! What an exciting thing. I don't think it's materialistic at all. It's just the little things in life that make us happy :) LOVE IT!

--Shelb.

Anonymous said...

i'm pretty sure we would all love a free pair of $615 glasses. i would share that too :)

Kar said...

I think this is the greatest news ever! And those glasses are so adorable!

Ashley Hawkes said...

HAHAH I love it! Tiffanys is amazing. And those glasses are GORGEOUS!

Amy Brindley said...

I luv it!

andy & lo said...

that is AMAZING!
and i love the new ones :)
definitely worth the purchase!