Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Favorites

So anyone that knows me can guess what the first few months of my marriage cooking repertoire consisted of.  Chicken, Cheese and Rice. And Tacos.  Granted, they have evolved and I now add broccoli to the Chicken, Cheese and Rice.  And I add lettuce and sour cream to my tacos (which is a lot for me).  But I still felt it was time to try some new things, for my poor husband's sake.  Although I will point out that he loves Chicken, Cheese and Rice.  So I searched through my lovely cookbook that my mom gave me for Christmas and I've found a few new favorites.  I thought I would post one of the recipes on here.  Hands down, this makes the best Alfredo sauce I have ever had in my life.

Fettuccine Alfredo

8 ounces dried fettuccine
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese

1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan melt butter.  Add cream, salt, and pepper.  Bring to boiling; reduce heat.  Boil gently, uncovered, for 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken.  Remove from heat and stir in the 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese.  Drain pasta.  Add pasta to hot sauce.  Toss to combine

And then I add cooked, diced chicken in at the end and we've even added broccoli to this as well and it was so delicious!  And so simple.


Now for dessert, I finally attempted one of my favorites for the first time and had success!

Scotcheroos

1 cube Butter
1 cup Sugar
1 cup Karo Syrup
1 cup Peanut Butter
5 cups Rice Krispies
1/2 package (or 1 cup) Butterscotch Chips
1/2 package (or 1 cup) Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips

1. Heat sugar, butter, and karo syrup on stove.  Bring to a boil for 45 seconds and then remove from heat. Add 1 cup of Peanut Butter. Stir. Let cool. Add 5 cups of Rice Krispies. Put in 9x13 pan.
2. Melt Chocolate and Butterscotch Chips and put on top of Rice Krispies in the pan.

Again, so simple! But so yummy.
Turns out there's hope for me to become domestic after all...
(at least when it comes to cooking)

1 comment:

thesexyrays said...

Hahahaha oh my gosh! I totally forgot about your obsession with chicken, cheese, and rice! You've loved that FOREVER!