Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Take me to the fair


Last weekend I convinced Nate to go to the Utah State Fair up in Salt Lake.  I was so excited for some reason.  So we headed up after the BYU game (ugh :/) and by the time we got there it was so packed!  We had to park in some random guys backyard and were genuinely worried that our car would not be the same when we got back.  Luckily, it was and we were able to have a good time.  What was the first thing we did?  Found the turkey legs...
And the Corn on the Cob...
Haha, Nate was loving it.  We wandered around for awhile, watching all of the people try the mechanical bull, the tractor races, and checking out all of the booths with Cowboy accessories and salsa mixes.  We went on the ferris wheel together and I think we were taller than everyone else riding it by at least a foot, but we loved it!
Then I really wanted to see the pig races, but Nate is allergic to all farm animals so I sent him into the nearest building while I watched.  I'm not sure why, but I thought it was absolutely hilarious.
When I went to find Nate after, he had been drawn in by a kitchen presentation.  So we sat and watched that for awhile, and then wished we had $4,000 to drop on nice pots and pans and a really cool veggie/cheese slicer.  But alas, the $20 we'd spent so far that day had already maxed out our budget.  Oh well, maybe one day we'll own a Kitchen Kutter.
Overall, it was a fabulously fun night at the fair with my husband.

1 comment:

MedSchoolWife said...

That sounds so fun! I want to go to the fair!