Sadly, Nate and I didn't get any of our cake on our wedding day except for the pieces we smashed in each others' face. This wonderful cake had been wrapped up since that day.
We were out of town on our one year anniversary, so we obviously couldn't eat it. When we returned home I completely forgot about it for a week until a girl in my class asked how it had tasted. So I went home and took it out of the freezer (the directions said to do this 48 hours prior to when we planned to eat it). Within those 48 hours, I got SO sick. I hadn't been this sick since some time in high school, with a fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, headache, body aches, and throwing up. Ugh. It was so horrible. So we obviously couldn't eat our cake then. Nate was an amazing husband and nursed me back to health, and the first day I felt like I could eat something besides chicken noodle soup...Nate got sick. So for the next few days he didn't have much of an appetite and we obviously couldn't eat our cake then. Finally, we were both left with colds but our appetites were back and I seized the chance to pull the cake out of the fridge. And last night we ate it.
I cooked us some delicious pasta for dinner to try to make our night a little nicer.
Then Nate cut the cake and we tasted our wedding cake for the first time.
We had no idea what to expect inside because each layer of our cake was a different flavor, with a different filling as well. We ended up with chocolate cake and I think some kind of a cream cheese filling. So delicious! Now we just have to finish it. (If you live near me and want some cake, please stop by!)
And happy one year anniversary to us...again.
1 comment:
I'm so glad you at least got to save some. we didn't have any left over to save. we got back from our honeymoon and everyone at home had eaten it all. i dont think cheesecake would have saved as well tho...
Post a Comment