Monday, April 25, 2011

In closing

Nate and I have been so busy this month with finals (my last ever!) and the semester coming to a close.  I had so much homework and so many projects to get done at the beginning of this month, I really did not think I was going to get it all done.  But somehow we made it through and we're here to begin the next stage of our lives right now.

To close the semester though, Nate had a few events to go to and I got to tag along.  First was a get together with his Bateman team to reward all of their hard work and their top ten finish.  We went to Provo Beaches (the new hot spot in town) and had Malawi's Pizza for dinner.  After which we explored the place and had fun with everyone.  It was karaoke night, which entertained me plenty, but we also went bowling and got on the carousel so that they could get a "team" picture on it.  I'm not sure why it was so exciting for everyone though, it actually made me really dizzy...
The next event for Nate was UVU's PRSSA Closing Social.  They handed out awards and held elections for next year.  After announcing all of the awards they finally got to the big one, and the one Nate was nominated for: PR Student of the Year.  And I won't keep you in suspense, he won!  We were so excited and I am so proud of him.  He also got recognized for being in the PRSSA Presidency, and again for his Bateman top ten honorable mention.
(He kind of stole the show ;) )
And finally we got to attend the UVU Athletic Awards, but I didn't get any good pictures.  It was a great meal and a fun night though to see all of the athletes receive their awards.

Also, as a random sidenote: In closing my final year at BYU, I know I will miss things.
But one thing I won't miss is crazy Provo traffic.  I was so happy when I walked home the day after graduation through empty streets!

No comments: