Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pretty Much 27 Weeks

So I will be 27 weeks tomorrow, and at my last ultrasound baby girl was measuring 5 days early so we're going to just say that this is me at 27 weeks.
At my parents' Ward Christmas breakfast.
I finally look pregnant.  And everyone that sees me can tell.  There was even a lady in Target last night that came straight up to me and asked, "How far along are you??"  So I'm hoping that means I really do look pregnant and not just fat, like I'm pretty sure I do in the picture above.  Oh well.  All of the weight gain is good for baby.

At 27 weeks, I feel really great!  Luckily I have felt this great throughout my entire pregnancy.  But there really isn't anything to complain about right now.  I am finally feeling her kick and even Nate felt her on Thanksgiving day.  It's still pretty faint and I just feel like my stomach is twitching all of the time, but every now and then she gets in a good one that makes me jump.

I think I have started to get heartburn the past few days. But I'm not sure what heartburn is or feels like and it's only happened twice so I can't be sure?  It's not anything painful though, just a kind of an uncomfortable feeling in my chest.  Does heartburn really mean babies have a lot of hair?

Other than that I feel pretty normal.  It's weird walking by mirrors and seeing a lot more of me there than I'm used to, especially because since I feel so normal I forget that I don't still look normal.

We're very excited though and can't believe how soon she is going to be here!  After the holidays are over and done and I head back to school we'll only have two months left!  I've found my long term substitute for my class and I am starting to get ahead on my lesson plans so that if she comes a little early I'm prepared.  We can't wait but we definitely still have a lot to do between now and then.

4 comments:

Jordan and Luke Stephenson said...

Wow! You look different from even just a few weeks ago when we saw you! Cute bump! And cute hair!!

Jamie said...

You actually might look pregnant in this picture ;) Although whoever approached you in Target was brave!!

Lauren@ "Happiness is..." said...

You look great! Glad to hear you are feeling great. I have heard that about heartburn but I didn't really get much and liv had a lot of hair.

Matt & April Herman said...

You look so cute! Can't wait to see you at your shower next weekend:)