Thursday, April 5, 2012

Six weeks

My sweet Quinn is 6 weeks old now.

We have started to take her out in public and the comments we get over and over again are:

"She looks just like a baby doll!" - Seriously, I can't even count how many times people, including complete strangers, say this exact quote.

"She is so tiny!" -I guess this goes along with the baby doll thing, as most dolls are tiny.

"She is so alert!" -After establishing that she is so tiny and so young, people are always shocked at how alert she is.  She is always looking around with wide eyes.

We have gotten into a good routine when it comes to sleeping.  She is usually awake for about an hour and a half after each feeding throughout the day and then will fall into a light sleep.  She falls into a little deeper sleep around 10:00 at night and I will stay up until 11:30 to feed her before I go to bed.  Then she sleeps great from midnight-5:00am and then goes right back down after I nurse her to sleep again until she starts to wake up a little bit around 7:00am, when I will cuddle with her until we both wake up around 8:30.

She is a great eater and still loves to be held and cuddled whenever someone is willing to do it.  She is getting so strong and often holds her head up when we lay her on our chest and she still loves being naked, especially at bath/shower time.

She is still the cutest thing ever and I love her more than words can express.  She is such a beautiful little baby.  We have had so many family visitors come to meet her already, and we appreciate all of you!  She is so loved already :)

No comments: