Saturday, December 22, 2012

Ten Months

Sweet girl turns 10 months today!
She is definitely getting into trouble these days.  She still isn't crawling with her tummy off of the ground, but her little scooting is pretty speedy.  She still puts her hands out in front of her and then pulls herself forward.  She can get over and around anything she wants though, which means my day is spent getting her out of trouble over and over again.  It is so much fun to see her discover new things though and explore around our house.
She is eating lots of solids, as long as they're really soft because she still doesn't have any teeth.  She loves peas, carrots, and potatoes that she can feed herself.  She also loves puffs and yogurt melts.  She loves to feed herself and is great at picking up each individual pea, carrot, or puff and putting it in her mouth.  I still use the pureed versions of fruits for her which she loves too.  And I got her a sippy cup, but she has no idea how to use it yet so she just ends up chewing on it.  Hopefully she can figure it out in the next two months before I stop nursing her.

She wakes up once a night now to eat, usually around 3:00 or 4:00, then sleeps until 8:00 or 9:00.  She takes two naps a day, usually around 10:30 and 3:00, for about an hour and a half each.

She is still very vocal and loves to squeal and talk and hear herself make noise.  She loves being naked and water.  So bath time is inevitably her favorite thing ever.  She also loves diaper changes and washing her hands.  Haha, so weird but I love her!  Quinn learned to clap this month and it is the cutest thing!  Anytime she gets excited about something she starts clapping.  She also will clap on demand whenever someone says, "Yayy!!" or when The Ellen Show starts everyday and the audience is clapping and yelling.  She also loves to make popping sounds with her mouth and move her hand in front of her mouth quickly to make her squeals loud and quiet (hard to explain).

She gets so excited when her daddy gets home from work, but she is not 100% comfortable around strangers.  She doesn't cry or get scared yet, but she does know it is someone new and usually searches for me if they're holding her.

I got her ears pierced this month and it was more traumatic for me than her.  I debated back and forth for so long whether or not I wanted to do it and when I finally made the decision to do it I called and made an appointment right away.  She definitely screamed the worst, most painful cry I have every heard from her and I felt like the worst mother in the world, inflicting pain on my sweet baby girl for nothing but selfish reasons.  But ten minutes after she got it done she fell asleep and when she woke up she didn't even know anything had happened.  So now I'm glad we did it, she looks even more girly and so beautiful!

We love this girl to pieces!

No comments: