Is this real life? My baby is one month away from being a year old. I started crying just typing that. I cannot do this. But that doesn't matter...because it's happening anyways.



Quinn has such a little personality. She loves showing off and flirting with everyone she sees. She will give unlimited smiles to anyone that looks her direction and I get told all the time that her smile is infectious. She loves to show her tricks to everyone, which include clapping, peek-a-boo, and now waving bye bye! She will sometimes do kisses, depending on the mood or the person. My mom always gets good kisses from her, she usually just puts her forehead forward for me to kiss. She can stand if she is holding onto something, but after a few minutes she forgets that she needs to hold on and turns to get something or see something and falls. She has only pulled herself up to standing one or two times though. I finally lowered her crib only because if she ever did pull herself up she would have toppled right out, but she is always just laying when I go in to get her. I think we still have plenty of time before she is even standing on her own, much less walking. She does get up on her hands and knees all the time now and she tried to move the other day, but just ended up going backwards so she plopped back down on her tummy to scoot around again.
She realllyy loves babies. Every time she sees one she starts smiling and talking to them. She could be throwing the biggest tantrum or whining endlessly, but as soon as she sees a baby she stops and smiles at them. This really comes in handy at church when I have to take her out in the hall (where a lot of other babies spend their time) and she is completely entertained by them and wants to play with them.
She loves to eat! Potatoes, bread, and pasta are her favorites, but she also really enjoys veggies...not so much fruits though. She loves spicy food (like father, like daughter). Guacamole and spicy taco meat are her favorites, she barely even takes a breath or swallows before she is reaching for more. She super loves Puffs, a lot of tantrums are thrown over those dang things.
Quinn did get sick for the first time this month with the flu :( she had a fever and super runny nose and even threw up once. It was horrible. But all she wanted to do was cuddle, which wasn't so bad (until I caught her sickness from it). But ever since she got better she has been really into cuddling. She'll crawl over to me MULTIPLE times a day, whine until I pick her up, and then snuggle her head right into my chest and lay for up to 45 minutes! So sweet! But it's a little frustrating sometimes when I'm trying to get things done.
She has definitely developed an attachment to me this month. She cannot go two minutes without coming over right next to me. When anyone else is holding her (if she lets them) she is constantly looking around to make sure I'm nearby. We are definitely going to need to work on this separation anxiety...
She still has NO teeth. She is sleeping amazingly, from about 7:00-7:45 these days. If I can hold out until 8:00 to put her down she sleeps until about 8:30am.
She really is such a good girl and everybody she meets falls instantly in love with her.
 |
| Outtakes |
 |
| Snuggles...this is how we spend most of our time during the day. |
 |
| SO excited about something! |
 |
| Kisses for her cousin! |
 |
| This is how I found her after her nap one day...haha! |
 |
| Her favorite thing in the world...bathtime! |
 |
| Dying to get to that guacamole! |
 |
| Sicky snuggles. |
 |
| Playing with her bff again. |
 |
| She really does love her. |
1 comment:
Chels! She's getting so big I can't believe it. I need to see her SOOOOON! Miss you guys!
-- Shelb
Post a Comment