On Quinn's actual birthday, Nate had to work at night and there was no getting out of it. So he took the day off so that he could spend time with her still. She woke up in the morning and we ran in to smother her with kisses and loves. She was smiling and laughing and had no idea why she was being met with such fun in her crib, but she didn't seem to mind.
I fed her and we laid in bed together cuddling and tickling and laughing for awhile. She is usually only up for about an hour before she's ready for her first nap, so after all of our snuggles in bed, she was getting sleepy already. So I got ready to go over to my sister's to make Quinn's cake while she napped and Nate stayed home with her. I put her down and took off. I was over at my sister's for a few hours and texted Nate to see if she was up yet because I didn't want to miss playing with her on her special day, and he replied that she still hadn't napped at all! Although he had tried to put her down several times she just kept standing up and calling "dadadada" and wanting to play. I think the excitement of playing right when she woke up mixed with the excitement of her Dada being home and playing with her was just too much for her and she did not want to sleep through a second of it! So Nate had been playing with her for a few hours and said she hadn't been cranky. Well (as any mother knows) I was freaking out because I knew this would mess up her entire schedule for the day. It was too late to put her down for a morning nap now, she would sleep too long and then wouldn't get in an afternoon nap before getting cranky too early before bedtime, etc, etc. So we decided to feed her some fruit and oatmeal and head down to Town Square, which would give her about a half hour to sleep in the car, just a short little cat nap to get her to her afternoon nap. It worked great! We stopped and got Chipotle chips and guacamole on the way (Quinn's favorite). She absolutely loved being pushed around in her stroller outside as we walked around Town Square. We shopped for her at H&M and then sat out on the grass to enjoy our chips and guac in the sunshine. She was in heaven.
When we got home we watched a slideshow I had put together for her first year. Quinn loves to be right up next to the tv now and it was so cute to see her standing there next to pictures of her when she was first born.
When that ended I put her down for a nap again, and after a little resistance she finally went down. Nate left for work and when Quinn woke up my parents came over to visit and then we ended up going to Nacho Daddy for dinner.
It was a great day and I loved spending it with my sweet girl and thinking about how much she has grown and how much she has learned in the past year. She amazes me every single day! I love her to pieces and seriously just want to squish her and smother her with kisses constantly!
No comments:
Post a Comment