Saturday, July 11, 2009

Meet the Parents: Colorado Edition

So my trip began when I arrived at the airport to see my Gray Boy waiting for me with a beautiful bouquet of purple flowers.
We drove home and picked up the rest of his family so that we could all go to lunch together. I was pretty nervous and freaking out about meeting them all at once, so he took me shopping after to calm me down and distract me, which worked wonderfully. The rest of that night we just spent together relaxing. It had been two weeks since we had seen each other and so all we cared about was just being together. The next morning we woke up and headed straight to Water World, one of the top 10 water parks in the U.S. It was so much fun and we didn't even get to go on all of the rides because unfortunately, it started getting cold and stormy so we had to leave a little early.



That night we had a huge get together with all of Nate's family. Knowing that I would be meeting ALL of the aunts and uncles and cousins that night, I wore my new shirt and everything. I was super nervous, again, but it turned out to be really fun and I enjoyed getting to know all of his family. It's a rare occasion that both Nate and I get dressed up and ready, so we took a picture to document it.


The next morning I woke up sick, put went to get medicine right away so that it didn't ruin any plans...I felt so bad! Nate, me, and his mom went to see The Proposal, which we LOVED, and then we headed straight into Denver for the Rockies game that night.
Nate's brother works for the Rockies Grounds Crew so he got us two amazing tickets for the game and then got us field passes so that we could go onto the field after the game to watch the fireworks. He's SO VIP that he even got us onto the infield, which was roped off for the players and their families. When we were exiting the field with all of the players, I accidentally bumped into the first baseman and didn't even know he was anyone special until Nate pointed him out a few minutes and I said "Oh! That's the guy I ran into!" Haha, Nate was so jealous, but I think somewhat frustrated that I didn't appreciate touching him like I should have.


The following morning, I beat Nate in mini golfing and then we ended up going to the Rockies game again when the people Nate's brother was planning on giving his tickets to canceled. I was pretty sick by this point and it was a lot colder, but I stuck it out and it was so much fun! I was bundled up like crazy and drinking hot chocolate while Nate and others around me were in shorts and tshirts. (I blame it on being sick but it may just mean I'm a true Vegas girl) I completely did not care what I looked like and layered and wrapped up as much as possible, so I am aware of the fact that I look hideous in the following picture, but oh well.
The fireworks were amazing and it was SUCH a fun couple of days to spend in Colorado! Now Gray Boy and I are safely back in Provo working our butts off.

2 comments:

Jordan and Luke Stephenson said...

I appreciate your blog update. thank you thank you. Colorado looked super fun. you guys are so cute. LOVE YOU

MedSchoolWife said...

Sounds fun! And yeah, it can be WAY stressful to meet the family.

You liked the proposal?? oh man, I hated it!