I started work on Wednesday at Payless. My first day I just watched training videos, which I can handle. Then the next day was a full day of hands on training. It was a bit overwhelming and I'm headed back today to put what I've learned to use. So wish me luck! I know it really is going to be a good job, but I miss my old job at the RB. If only they could give me more hours... :( But like I said, it's going to turn out great and I'm very grateful to have a job.
Also on Wednesday, Nate called to inform me that he had quite an eventful day as well. The Walmart he works at is right across from a High School, so during lunch and after school many of the high schoolers wander over. On this particular day, Nate was outside when they came over and he saw a fight break out. Without even thinking twice he stopped what he was doing and tore across the parking lot, into the middle of the fight, and broke it up. Seriously? Then he yelled at all of the other kids watching and cheering it on to get out of there. Seriously? The best part is, it was all captured on Walmarts video surveillance of the parking lot. All during the day his coworkers would come up and pat him on the back and say, "Well done." or "Nice work, man". Haha, I really wish I could see that footage. And like I said, my husband is just Your Friendly Neighborhood Walmart Worker, breaking up fights and pretty much saving the world.
In other news, Nate and I received a giftcard to Chipotle from one of our friends for our wedding, so we ventured up to Salt Lake (on other errands out of my control) on Thursday and figured we would take advantage of the trip and go to Chipotle.
Now the rest of our weekend is filled with work. And that's it. We don't have to teach our lesson on Sunday because we have Stake Conference. Don't get me wrong, I really have enjoyed and learned a lot from the topics we've taught on and I like teaching with Nate, but every week is a little much and the break will be much appreciated.
Happy Weekend!
Enjoy it for us while we work our life away! :)
2 comments:
I have to say that I love Cafe Rio's salad....more than almost anything in the world....BUT If I were to say Chipotle or Cafe Rio.....I'd definitely have to pick Chipotle! Sorry Chels!!! Hehe! My husband introduced me to Chipotle and now that i no longer live by one....I CRAVE!!!
Hey Chelsea!
CAFE RIO ALL THE WAY!!!!!! I love that you guys had a little debate lol. Herschel and I love CR, in fact he could eat it every other day. I could once a week :) YUM, you made me hungry!! Thanks a lot!!
Post a Comment