Monday, May 10, 2010

The Hubs

I started writing a post about San Francisco (which I promise will be finished soon), but then I just had to stop to write about how wonderful my husband is. It's been almost 6 months now that we've been married. I'm not going to lie and tell you that it's been 6 months of married bliss. The disagreements don't go away just because there's a ring on your finger. But they have been 6 wonderful months when I've been happier than ever and have had so much fun with my best friend. I love spending every free minute with him and I love knowing that we always have each other to come home to. I tend to love sharing stories from my day, and he listens. We laugh, we joke, we talk, and we enjoy each other's company.
This past week: I worked 56 hours. I wrote a paper. I went to my classes. And I still got to spend three fabulous date nights with my husband. To some, this may seem small. But to us, they were three more nights in one week than we've had in a long time. I love our new schedules! Getting lots done and making money, but still finding time for each other.

So I just wanted to brag for a second here on the blog, because he does so much for me. Just recently: he has surprised me with a new camera! (which all of my blog followers KNOW I needed), he grilled fabulous steaks for us for dinner last night, he has REQUESTED that I cook my favorite meal multiple times in the same week, and he bought me a book. He's wonderful.

I am so proud of him for everything that he does for us and I love him so much.
Although yesterday (Mother's Day) he said, "I'm so glad I don't have to spoil you all day today"
Haha. Not yet hunny.

3 comments:

Kar said...

haha, after being harassed in San Fran by us he probably realized how bad you needed a camera :)

MedSchoolWife said...

Congrats on the almost-6 months! We just celebrated ours, as well.

Anonymous said...

haha, nate is funny! glad you guys are getting to spend time together. can't wait to see you soon!