Wednesday, May 12, 2010

San Francisco

One of the coolest cities and prettiest places I've ever seen.
I fell in love.
We got there super late on a Thursday night, so we slept in a little Friday morning. Then the boys took the BART into the city right away to be at AT&T Park the minute the gates opened up for the Rockies game that day, while the girls went to Berkley. We got ice cream from Fenton's and drove around sightseeing and the boys were able to get autographs and enjoy the park before the game.

Even though the Rockies lost, we had so much fun at the game. I just love the atmosphere at baseball games and I love getting all dressed up in my Rockies stuff. I will say though, since we met the guys at the stadium, I had to walk in wearing a Rockies jersey without Nate. I didn't even think about it until a couple of people starting heckling me and I looked around and realized I was the only Rockies fan around. It was a weird feeling, and needless to say I picked up the pace a little and hurried in to find Nate. We had amazing seats in the second row on the first baseline, right behind the Rockies bullpen. So even though Nate had already gotten his hat signed and a ball signed before the game, we still got another ball thrown to us by one of the pitchers after he finished warming up.
The next day was our big tourist day. We saw the Golden Gate bridge and went to Coit Tower with everyone and then Nate and I split up from everyone so we could have some time alone together. We went to Fisherman's Wharf and had the most delicious lunch at Alioto's with the most adorable view out our window of fishing boats and the bay.We then walked to Ghiradelli Square (and bought me some leather bracelets on the way, which I love) and got Root Beer floats.
We had a few free passes for the transportation around the city, so we then took our first trip on the Trolley across the city to Westfield San Francisco Center in Union Square.
It was a huge, ritzy mall that Nate and I enjoyed walking around and admiring. To explain how ridiculous it was, we had dinner at the food court. I ordered salmon, Nate got steak. And it was the best we had ever had. We definitely didn't pay "food court" prices, which was fine because it wasn't "food court" food. It was just a bunch of nice restaurants put into one place where you stood in line and ate off of trays. Haha, it's hard to explain. But here is a picture of our dinner.After dinner, we took a few more trolley rides around the city at night, listened to a street performer, and found our way back to the BART for the trip out of the city. I was so sad to leave. We met back up with everyone for one final trip to Fenton's and then we were on our way back home the next morning. It was a fabulous and much needed vacation and San Francisco/The Bay Area is now on my list of desired locations to live when Nate and I start our real lives together after we finish school.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

is your life now fake?!? haha. coit tower...that was on amazing race! they had to go there and climb it :)

Shelby said...

oh my gosh! how fun does your trip look?! We need to do more stuff like that.. hopefully together sometime! :)

loves!

p.s. it was good hanging out the other night! miss you!