Sunday, August 28, 2011

Back to School

It's back to first grade for me!  Tomorrow is the first day of school, but this time I'm in charge.  I walked into my classroom for the first time two weeks ago to a completely bare concrete room.
Slowly over time I started getting a little bit of furniture, my desk, and a lovely coat rack right in front of my door that one of my students already whacked her head on at Parent Night.
 And white boards were finally installed!
Day by day, student chairs and tables started to show up, as well as my bookshelves and filing cabinet.  And finally I brought my sister in to help me with bulletin boards and decorating.  (Thank you Jamie!!)  There is still a lot to do as the year goes on, but for now this is how we will start the year.  (Still waiting on my SMART Board, two student computers, and a few other additional items).
The blank wall with a post-it is where the SMART Board will be installed.
I can't wait to fill the walls with student work and things we're learning about.  I can't believe my career starts tomorrow.  But I'm excited to get to know all 25 of my little first graders this year!

3 comments:

Lauren@ "Happiness is..." said...

How exciting chels!!!

Jamie said...

Yay! Hope you're enjoying your first day back at school :)

Ashley Hawkes said...

Aw how fun! My little guy just started 1st grade. Such a fun age, they are so full of it!