Friday, November 25, 2011

2 Year Anniversary

Nate and I celebrated our two year anniversary on Monday.  Well, the actual date was Monday but we celebrated the weekend before since I had to work Monday and Tuesday.  We decided last minute to head down to the strip and stay at a hotel for a night.  We've been living with my parents for the last few months while in the process of buying a house, and we were supposed to close last Friday but when that got pushed back we decided that we deserved a weekend to ourselves and needed the time alone together.  So we looked for some local deals and found a great staycation package at Vdara, one of the new hotels in City Center.  We called and booked the room and headed down right away.

We walked around the hotel and other places nearby, and then returned to our amazing hotel room to get ready for dinner while enjoying the view.
The Vdara pool (24 week baby bump)
The fountains at Bellagio
Our room




We went out to find a place for dinner and ended up at a Spanish restaurant called Jaleo.  We had no idea what to expect, and it was a little different experience than we were used to...but it was fun to try something new!  We especially enjoyed when Nate's drink came out with a tree in it and our food came out in a shoe.


The next morning we used our in room credit money that came with the staycation package to order a delicious breakfast.  Nate and I like completely different things for breakfast, I like sweet bakery type items while he likes savory foods like breakfast burritos, sausauge, and steak for breakfast.  So it was perfect as we both got to order what we liked, a nice man named Cosmis came and set it all up for us, and all we had to do was sit down and enjoy it together.
Our breakfast spread
Nate's burrito
The tiniest Tabasco sauce ever!
We took the rest of the day to walk around a little more and enjoy each others company just relaxing in our room together.  It was a great way to spend our two year anniversary together and I couldn't love the time I spend with Nate any more.  He is the best part of my day and I love him more and more each day.  I'm sure this next year together will be crazy as we welcome our baby girl into the world and learn how to become parents together, but I know that it will be great with Nate by my side!  Love you honey!




1 comment:

Jamie said...

Looks fun! Love the room and hotel decor too :)