Monday, April 16, 2012

Quinn's Blessing Day

Quinn's blessing day was yesterday and it was the most perfect day I could have ever asked for.  (For more on lds baby blessings, see here.)  I was so nervous in the days leading up to it about her keeping her dress clean and staying quiet during it and all of the food being right when people came to our house after.  But everything went so right, I have no complaints.

We woke up Sunday morning to a beautiful sunny day, with plenty of time before our 11:00 church to spend together.  Quinn had been an absolute angel the night before, laying quietly on the floor through an entire movie and she decided to fall asleep all on her own to take a nap before church Sunday morning.  Both abnormal for her, but she was just being so good!  On the way to church, Nate and I were talking about all of the things that we want for Quinn as she grows up and I got so emotional just thinking about the life that I want her to lead and the things I want her to accomplish and experience in her life.  I love her so much and was just overwhelmed with it.

She looked absolutely beautiful in her dress and Nate gave an amazing blessing.  She was wide awake during it, but stayed totally quiet and just looked around, like she knew exactly what was going on.  We were so grateful for all of the friends and family that were able to be there.
 
It was such an amazing experience and my little girl was so beautiful and so perfect!

No comments: