Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Two Months

Quinn was two months old on the 22nd, which was over a week ago.  But she just had her two month appointment yesterday and I wanted her stats before I posted.

So here she is at two months: 9 lbs, 6 oz (10-20%), 23 in (75%).  I forgot to put her headband on her for the bear shots :(
I went back to work a week and a half ago and it's been crazy.  It is good to be with my students again, I do love them and I enjoy teaching and seeing them learn...but it's hard leaving Quinn every morning and only having a few hours with her at night before she goes to sleep.  I also hate pumping twice a day every day at school, but it's worth it  for my baby girl.  Nate has been doing such a great job of taking care of Quinn while I'm at work.  I usually see him for about a half an hour when I get home before he leaves for work and I'm left taking care of Quinn.  Needless to say, we're both exhausted at the end of the day.  But it is definitely the best situation to be in right now, with both of us having great jobs and Quinn being able to be with one of us all day every day.  Only 26 more days of it...

I had Nate bring Quinn into my classroom on the second day I was back because my kids were just dying to meet her.  We sat like this for literally at least 20 minutes, just watching every little thing she did.
At two months, Quinn is very alert.  She focuses on people and things a lot, mostly Mommy and Daddy and the tv.  She smiles a lot at Momma, and sometimes for Dad ;).  She has also given a few others a glimpse of her smile.  She still loves to be held and cuddled as much as people are willing to do so, but I'm getting better at laying her down on her own more often.  She took a bottle perfectly, without hesitation, the first time we gave it to her and she still loves her pacifier when it gets close to feeding or sleeping time.

She is still just as beautiful as ever and more loved than she could ever imagine.  Here are a few of my favorite pictures of her from recently.
Haha, every time she sees the phone she stops what she's doing and gets big crazy eyes.
This is the face I get when she sees I'm home from work. Love her :)
One of her first little smiles.
So peaceful and beautiful.
Beautiful beautiful girl with beautiful eyes.
Obviously, I think my daughter is pretty perfect.  I can't believe how much she's growing and changing every day!

1 comment:

MedSchoolWife said...

Looks like she's going to be tall and skinny, like her mommy!