Friday, October 18, 2013

Baby Girl #2 - 29 weeks

My third trimester is underway and I am feeling great!  I had an ultrasound yesterday and everything looked perfect.  Little girl is growing like crazy at 3 lbs, 6 oz already!  All of her measurements were 1-2 weeks ahead of schedule, so I'm kind of freaking out about having a big baby now.  It's definitely something I never imagined since my little Quinners is such a peanut and I'm always being told that she's in the below 5th percentile.  We'll see what happens though, still plenty of time to go in the pregnancy for her measurements to change!  I think this little girl looks so different from Quinn in the 3D ultrasound pictures, so I'm anxious to see how similar they look once she's actually born!

The main thing that comes to mind when thinking of pregnancy symptoms right now is heartburn.  Ugh.  With Quinn I didn't get heartburn until much later, but I think it started around 10 weeks this time (I can't remember?) and I am DYING now!  Night time is definitely the worst, but randomly throughout the day I will get horrible bouts of heartburn.  It doesn't seem to matter what I do or don't eat, so I'm still just enjoying whatever I want when it comes to spicy foods and soda.  I might as well enjoy the food and suffer later, instead of eat carefully and still have the pain later, right?  I have a little bit of joint pain in my hands from slight swelling, nothing too much though.  All of my rings still come on and off most of the time.

I feel this little girl kicking CONSTANTLY.  She is always kicking and jabbing me at all hours of the day and night.  The ultrasound tech said she still has plenty of space left to grow in my tummy, so I think I'll be feeling her for awhile until things get tight in there.  How she still has so much room though, is beyond me.

My "cravings" include pretty much any sweets.  Lots of chocolate.  I particularly need chocolate chip pancakes pretty much every morning.  I think Quinn is especially enjoying the pancakes I make every morning for breakfast.  I also have really been needing Peanut M&Ms lately.  I usually like Peanut Butter M&Ms, but lately I have only wanted Peanut?  Early on in my pregnancy I had the strongest craving for Minute Maid push up frozen lemonades.  The cups were not satisfactory, it had to be the lemon and raspberry pushups.  This has been the most difficult craving to satisfy, turns out those things are hard to find!  Luckily I found one store that carried them and stocked up.  But nothing too crazy or different from my usual diet.

We can't believe how fast it's going and are getting really excited to meet our next little girl!

No comments: