This Halloween I really wanted Quinn to be a peacock. I know this is so random, but I just thought the colors were so pretty and I don't have many more years of picking what she dresses up as and I didn't see a peacock being something that she would really be convinced of in future years. So I then decided that I would be a kangaroo with my little baby pouch, and Nate was going to be a monkey. As I started putting all of the costumes together, I was getting so discouraged. At one point I was so discouraged I was just going to throw everything away and be something totally different. But I instead woke up with a different approach, reapplied myself, and I LOVE how it turned out! I am especially proud of myself because I handmade all of our costumes from scratch. And I truly couldn't be happier with how Quinn's turned out. And the best news is that she loved it too! Here we are a week later and she still brings me her costume to put on! I love that she loves it! She got so excited each time she got to put it on and cried when I had to take it off. We went to our ward trunk-or-treat, my parents' trunk-or-treat, Nate's work's trick-or-treat event, and then of course the main event of real trick-or-treating on Halloween night! We only had to show her a few times of holding out her purple pumpkin bucket and saying "Trick-or-treat!" and getting a piece of candy for her to understand how it worked. She absolutely loved collecting the candy and she especially loved Halloween night when she got to knock on people's doors and walk all through the streets instead of just from car to car. I think she also liked that it was less crowded and she wasn't getting run over. She was by far the cutest little peacock I have ever seen!









No comments:
Post a Comment