Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Baby Girl #2 - 35 weeks

Here I am at 35 weeks on Thanksgiving Day.  (I'm almost 36 now) This pregnancy is still just flying by.  I have of course been excited the whole time, but I have also been okay with waiting for the baby to get here so that I can cherish all of my last times with just Quinn and me together.  But after having a few signs of labor last week (and Nate was convinced the baby was coming right then) I went through a lot of emotions.  First I was kind of freaking out thinking that I was totally not ready and hadn't fully appreciated my last day with Quinn.  But then when the baby didn't come, I realized that I was ready to meet her!  And I couldn't stop thinking about Quinn meeting her and how much she is going to love her little sister.  I keep putting together different outfits now for her to come home in and picturing snuggling her instead of trying to make space for her in my tummy.  So ever since then I have mentally been ready now for this little girl to come.  I even dreamt about her coming for the first time last night.  All night long was one dream after another of being induced, or my water breaking, or getting hooked up in the hospital and starting contractions.  My brain is definitely ready now.  My due date is in less than a month now, and Quinn came three weeks early, so we're not sure what to "plan" for...but I think I am going to pack my hospital bag now that I am fully ready to be a mom to two little girls.

It also probably helps that I am pretty stinkin uncomfortable these days.  I have mentioned before that I have had heartburn this time around since about week 8 of pregnancy and it has never let up.  I am so ready to be able to breathe again and to sleep without being propped up on pillows!  I am ready to watch her little feet kick and her hands reach for things, instead of simply feeling them trying to find more room inside of me.  I can't wait to snuggle this little newborn baby!

But we do have some Christmas things I want to do with Quinn before she comes, so we're going to start tackling my list this weekend!

No comments: